Google+

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Something different - A Frame

As I was telling you in the yesterday's post, I made a frame for someone to give as a gift. The only special request was to contain the poem that he wrote. I began with painting the frame in black, than I sand it a little bit at the edges and at the end I varnished it. The sanding gives it a little bit of a vintage look. For the background I chose a piece of paper from The Stack 6 by DCWV. I love the little bird on this paper!
On the left bottom corner of the frame I made a branch from wire and I dressed it in  satin ribbon.
Besides the flowers, I also attached a little tag wrote by hand.
On the tracing paper I printed out the poem, but I promised I won't publish it so I had to erase the words from the picture.
Curious of how the complete frame looks like? Well here it is:
 I like very much how it turned out.

Yesterday, as I was surfing on the internet I found out that the challenge hosted by Scrapper in Romania this month has the theme "White-Black and a little bit of turquoise". I don't have so much white in my project but I have a lot of turquoise ... so I am guessing it's ok to take part at the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!
Alina


9 comments:

  1. Alina, it is very beautiful. I bet she will love it. Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous!Good luck at the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely! Love your blog, glad to follow it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love the flowers and the gorgeous lace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very beautiful.Good luck at the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Este frumoasa lucrarea ta si are elemente placute in ea. Si eu sunt de meserie programator (inginer) dar pentru MUCN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ce frumoasa a iesit! Felicitari si bafta la provocare!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOO, Da! Arata super. Bafta multa.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to here your opinion