Google+

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

1st of March

1st of March approaches quickly and I had a last minute request for a 1st of March card.
What's 1st of March? Well... in our part of the world we celebrate the spring beginning with this date. The tradition is to give "martisoare" as gifts with this occasion.
"Martisor" is a tiny little ornament bound with a red and white piece of twine, it is mostly like a broach but cutter ;) . Mostly the women and the kids wear it from 1st of March till 8 of March as a sing that the spring comes. I find it a lovely tradition. It is also usual to give bouquets of snowdrops.
Unfortunately I don't have a good picture of a "martisor" but I promise you I will get back to you on 1st of March with some pictures of the ones I will receive.
Now here is the card that I did on request. I got inspired by the lovely frame that is this week's inspiration over at CASE Study Challenge Blog.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!
Alina

9 comments:

  1. Wow! A iesit o felicitare atat de deosebita si eleganta! Cu atat de multa lumina si buna dispozitie cata inspira chiar simt ca vine primavara!
    Te pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool 3D effect here! What a great card! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love your bright sunny card! Just gorgeous! Fab depth! I'd love it if you shared it on Make It Monday! Take a look here...

    http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com/

    See you again!

    M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a gorgeously vibrant card! Absolutely love all the colours you have used! So glad I saw this on MIM!
    Nat -x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that background paper and those flowers . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, thanks for sharing!
    Hey, we have a giveaway here, please stop by and add your name to the list - http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tradition! I really like it!
    Your card is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very petty Alina! Love the flower embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the paper you've used and the flowers are so pretty, perfect spring card! I think the 1st of March tradition sounds lovely, it's so nice to learn of other traditions! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to here your opinion