Google+

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine/Dragobete


Valentine's Day is just around the corner and everybody is thinking about it.
But let me tell you something that most of you probably don't know. In our culture Valentine's Day is a pretty new celebration. It entered our culture in 1990 or so and since then there are many people who celebrate it.  In our culture there is another celebration that is similar with Valentine's Day and it's called Dragobete. The Dragobete is celebrated in 24 February. So basically we have two celebrations with the same significance: LOVE.
I actually don't celebrate neither of them. I like to share my love every day and from time to time I prepare little surprises for my boyfriend.
This week I had a special request from a friend. To make for his girlfriend a Valentine's Day card. I was happy about his request and I got started. Two days later I finished the card and I loved how it turned out:


Today the new CASE Study Challenge was posted. The inspiration card is gorgeous and I think my card fits perfect in that competition. 
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!
Alina



6 comments:

  1. wow, this is stunning.....luv the colors!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about celebrating love every day, although i do love making lovey dovey cards for a few weeks in February :) I love all the delicious details of your card...perfect for the inspiration card :) Thanks for joining us over at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about Dragobete! I love to share my love every day as well and card making is one my my favorite ways to do that! I love your creation-the bold colors and design are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many details on this super lovey-dovey card!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! Congratulations, Alina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Love all the dimension and fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to here your opinion